Burn Bely Fat with Proven Weight Loss Exercises
What comes to your mind when you hear the term “losing weight?” For most people, a flat and toned tummy is the first image they see. After all, who doesn’t want to wear a good pair of jeans without struggling to close the buttons?
Apart from losing the muffin top, shedding off some weight is also a surefire way to improve your health. Studies link a larger waist size to illnesses such as diabetes, heart disease, and even some cancers.
Doing hundreds of crunches, however, isn’t the best way to shed off your belly fat. Learning more about belly fat and effective belly fat weight loss programscan help you achieve your dream body and health goals faster.
Belly Fat and You: Why It Happens and How Much Do You Have?
Deep visceral fat (deep belly fat) is important because it cushions your organs. Too much of it, however, increases your risk for type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, dementia, heart disease, and certain cancers, including colon cancer and breast cancer.
If you start gaining weight, your body will store fat in unusual places. For people struggling with obesity, their natural fat storage areas are so full that the fat ends up in their organs and around their hearts.
Even if you’re thin, you can have excess visceral fat. The amount you have is partly about your lifestyle and partly about your genes.
To learn if your tummy is still in a healthy size, determine your visceral fat. One of the most precise ways to do so is to get an MRI or a CT scan done. If you cannot afford either, you can get a measuring tape and wrap it around your waist to check your girth.
For women, a healthy waistline is 38.7 inches, while men should measure 40.3 inches. It’s better to be “pear-shaped” — bigger thighs and hips — than an “apple-shaped” body (wider waistline).
How You Can Burn Your Belly Fat
So how can you achieve a toned and taut tummy? Is spot reduction (aka losing fat in one area) enough?
Unfortunately, spot reduction isn’t a viable approach to burning belly fat. Instead, core-focused exercises can help you get rid of unwanted fat all over the body.
Consider adding the following exercises to your workouts:
- Mountain Climber. This moving plank exercise works your core, as well as develops your other body muscles. To do a proper mountain climber, get into a high plank position, and place your wrists under your shoulders. Your core should be tight, so draw your belly button in toward your spine. Drive your knee towards your chest and then plank. Do the same with your other knee. Repeat these steps.
- Burpees.Similar to the mountain climber, this exercise works out your core, as well as your shoulders, chest, triceps, quads, and lats. Burpees also get your heart pumping. To do burpees, stand with your feet shoulder-distance apart and lower your body to the ground in a low squat, sending your hips back as you do. Afterward, place your hands outside of your feet and hop your feet back. Do a plank and jump your feet outside of your hands. Finish off the move by jumping into the air with your arms raised over your head.
- Sprawl. Sprawls are burpees on steroids. This full-body exercise works as many muscles as possible and burns calories while toning and shaping your body, especially your abs. It takes the traditional burpee to the next level by requiring you to touch your chest to the ground and plank as you move.
- Russian Twist. This core exercise improves oblique definition and strength. While holding a medicine ball, rotate your torso from side-to-side while holding a sit-up position. Your feet must be off the ground.
- Overhead Medicine Ball Slams. This exercise strengthens your core by having it work against gravity. Overhead medicine ball slams also improve your endurance by getting your heart rate to rise whenever you pick up the ball and bring it overhead.
- Side-to-Side Medicine Ball Slams. Medicine ball slams are explosive, dynamic, and metabolic exercises that target all of your muscle groups. Your hamstrings, obliques, biceps, quads, and shoulders are the primary movers of this exercise.
Burn Belly Fat with a Tried-and-Tested Program
Knowledge is power when it comes to shedding off the excess pounds. Here at The Belly Fat Formula, we help you do so by empowering you with knowledge. Our exercise program is instantly available for you to download. The Belly Fat Formula is packed with fat-burning techniques, tools, and information to help you achieve a flatter stomach.
When you download our eBook, you’ll also get the following eBooks for free:
- The Hot Zone – Four Exercise System
- Sample Fat Burning Workout eBook
- Turbulence Training Bodyweight Workout
- Top 10 Travel Secrets
Download the Belly Fat Formula today to start your fitness journey!